Frozen Peanut Butter Pie

August 21, 2011

My life just went from zero to 60 in less than 24 hours.

This weekend I went wedding dress shopping! And I ended up finding my DRESS! I couldn’t believe that I found it so quickly.

It. Is. My. Dream. Dress.

I went home and couldn’t wait to tell Lucas that I said Yes To The Dress. He was asking me tons of question (trying to see if I’d slip up and tell him the details). And then we started talking about our wedding date.

The more we talked the more we started realizing that June 30th is not going to work for us. PANIC! We’ve got a few things that came up in the last two weeks that are gonna make it impossible for us to get married next summer.

Spring in Albuquerque is super windy. So that’s out. Winter is for the Holidays.

We both looked at each other and realized October is it. Lucas and I are now getting married October 29, 2011!!!!

DSC_0006

You can only imagine how crazy my life suddenly got.

I’ve spent all day making to do lists. Making sure my dress will be in one time. Spending hours on the phone with my mom. And on and on.

I felt so drained. And needed to reboost.

Enter the Frozen Peanut Butter Pie.

DSC_0016

This creamy, peanut buttery, cool, decadent pie totally helped me to just relax for a minute and take a breath.

I even snuck a layer of Nutella in.

Hey! When one is stressed, Nutella is the best way to bring things back down to a more soothing level. Agree?

DSC_0010

All day long I’ve had people asking me if there’s anything they can help with.

And, I actually thought of something where I could include you all!

I’ve always wanted to do a dessert bar. You know me. I’m all for cookies, cakes, mini pies, tarts, I could go one forever.

I thought it’d be fun to see if any of you would be interested in making goodies for the dessert bar. I had planned to make a lot of my goodies, but because I’ve only got two months until I say “I do” I’m not sure I’ll have enough time, and this would be a cool compromise. And I know you all make some To. Die. For. Treats.

So, I’m putting a call out to all bloggers and bakers to help me create my dessert bar! Are you interested? Please email me at stephsbitebybite@gmail.com

DSC_0020

Frozen Peanut Butter Pie
adapted from Bakers Royale

9 sheets of graham crackers
1/2 cup Panda Puff cereal
4 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1 tub Cool Whip Free, thawed
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup confectioner sugar
1/4 cup Nutella

Spray 9 inch pie dish with cooking spray and set aside.

Place graham cracker sheets and cereal in a food processor and pulse until finely crushed and has the appearance of beach sand. Pour crumbs in to large bowl. Add melted butter and mix until evenly distributed. Pour crumb mixture in to prepared pie dish and press crumbs down to form the pie crust. Bake crust at 350 degrees F for 7-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.

Place peanut butter and confectioner sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Stir the mixture until it is combined (keep a close eye on it so it doesn’t burn). You want to cook it until the peanut butter is melted. Set aside for five minutes to cool. Place cool whip in to large bowl, pour in peanut butter mixture and gently fold until combined.

Spread Nutella over the bottom of the cooled pie crust. Pour peanut butter mixture over Nutella layer. Freeze pie for 3 hours. Drizzle chocolate sauce and caramel over pie before serving.

1 chelsea August 21, 2011 at 10:30 pm

I wish I was good at making desserts in comparison to just staring and drooling at the pictures you guys always post! I would definitely try and add to your dessert bar if that was the case ha.

2 Donna @ Life of a Happy Blonde August 22, 2011 at 6:09 am

Oh my gosh, sooooo exciting!!!
Everything will come together, don’t you worry!
Dessert bar sounds perfect but i’m a wee bit too far away i think lol :)

3 Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean August 22, 2011 at 6:15 am

what a fun way to including blogging-since it’s such a huge part of your life! can’t believe your wedding is gonna be so soon!!!! and so glad you found your dress :)

4 Meaghan O'Connor @ My Spoonful of Inspiration August 22, 2011 at 7:25 am

You are getting married on my birthday!! :) How exciting! October 29 will be a really great day. Congrats on finding the dress, I am sure it is absolutely beautiful!

5 Holly Henry August 22, 2011 at 7:47 am

Congratulations to you! What a great recipes for peanut butter pie! Excellent foe the summer and so YUMMY!

6 kitchenarian August 22, 2011 at 9:11 am

Congratulations! Peanut butter pie makes everything seem less stressful! This looks delicious.

7 Fresh and Foodie August 22, 2011 at 9:22 am

Congrats on setting a date.

The pie looks great! Anything PB is a winner for me.

8 Carolyn August 22, 2011 at 9:30 am

Wow, girl. Congrats on the dress, that’s exciting. But wow, have you ever moved that date up. Now THAT is the exciting bit!!!

9 Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts August 22, 2011 at 9:36 am

That pie is amazing!! It will be a lot of work to plan a wedding in 2 months, but how cool that you will be married so much sooner! Good luck with everything. Love the idea of a dessert bar!

10 Roxana GreenGirl August 22, 2011 at 9:57 am

Congratulations on your new wedding date! You must be so excited seeing things going 10 times faster now that the date is so close.
Wish I could give you a hand with the dessert bar, I’ll be away starting next week until middle October.
Best of luck!!!

11 Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. August 22, 2011 at 10:29 am

That pie looks pretty awesome, especially with the nutella in it! and congrats on finding your dress! The big day will be here before you know it!

12 Jesse August 22, 2011 at 1:34 pm

my favorite combination of ingredients and you even made this pretty healthy, i love dessert with little guilt!

13 RavieNomNoms August 22, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Congrats on the dress!! That is amazing and so exciting!!! :-)

The pie looks….SO tasty!!!

14 Kita August 22, 2011 at 2:28 pm

OMG! You already know how excited I am as I couldn’t wait to comment and just texted you instead. But wow! I am bouncing off the walls with excitement for you!

15 Kita August 22, 2011 at 2:29 pm

PS! The pie sounds awesome too! :D

16 Kate@Diethood.com August 22, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Congratulations on the dress and the date!! I LOVE your dessert bar idea!!!

17 Becky August 23, 2011 at 6:02 am

Congratulations on finding “The Dress” and your upcoming wedding. Good Luck with your dessert bar. You will be one busy bride-to-be. My son is getting married Oct. 22nd!

18 Apron Appeal August 24, 2011 at 4:28 am

If you’re not already, make friends with a Mormon….they are very good at planning amazing weddings in a short amount of time. :) Plus, once you have the dress, it’ all downhill from there….let the dress dictate the theme, so if ever you have a question about what napkins to pick out or what color the centerpieces should be…look to your dress and match the detail of the dress to the detail in everything else. You probably already know all this…but I was a wedding planner’s assistant and a wedding videographer in a previous life so I’ve seen my fair share – I thought I’d share.

19 Elies_Lie August 24, 2011 at 4:28 am

Looks so Yummy! & I loves ur photo too!
Tq for sharing the recipe! ;)

20 Becky August 24, 2011 at 6:29 am

congrats on the Top 9 today!!!!

21 Kate@Diethood.com August 24, 2011 at 6:57 am

Congrats on top 9, sweetheart!!!

22 Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen August 24, 2011 at 9:26 am

TOP 9!!!!!!!!!!! ♥ Congrats ;)

23 Meagan @ Scarletta Bakes August 24, 2011 at 11:10 am

Congrats on finding the wedding dress of your dreams!! I remember what an ordeal that was for me (apparently it’s a challenge that I love reliving over and over – I’m watching Say Yes To The Dress as I type). And how did I not know that you are right around the corner in Albuquerque?!? My husband and I love it there!! Anyway, this pie looks absolutely amazing – I can’t wait to give it a try. Major droolage with the Nutella and everything. Congrats on Top 9 today!!

24 Steve @ The Black Peppercorn August 24, 2011 at 11:32 am

Wow – a very exciting time for you. Next week my wife and I celebrate 15 years married. Crazy that it has been 15 years already.

And BTW that Peanut Butter Pie looks awesome!!!

25 Heather August 24, 2011 at 3:49 pm

What other kind of cereal can I use if I can not find Panda Puff cereal? Is it simply puffed rice cereal?

26 Steph August 24, 2011 at 4:03 pm

It is a puffed rice ceral, but it’s peanut butter flavored. You could try Reese’s cereal, it would add a little hint of chocolate! Or Kix cereal (which wouldn’t be peanut butter flavored)

27 Meghan August 24, 2011 at 4:23 pm

How exciting!!! So happy you found your dress & now you just have to enjoy all of it!! Your pie looks amazing :)

28 Teri August 24, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Making it this afternoon – slight difference – I am going to see how the Nutella works being melted and poured over the crust. Your recipe sounds delish! Congrats on being Top 9!

29 Jaime The Tomato Snob August 24, 2011 at 9:15 pm

OOOhhhhh Congratulations. So exciting on your dream dress.
I just got married, planned everything myself. Everything will come together!
Do you need a designer for invitations? I do custom designs. Contact me if you are interested. PS this dessert sounds divine! will definitely be making.

30 Steph August 25, 2011 at 3:21 pm

The hardest part is trying to express my “vision” LOL. I found a free template from weddingchicks.com but thank you so much for the offer! That’s super sweet!

31 Teri August 25, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Made this last night to RAVE reviews! Thank you for sharing!

32 Steph August 25, 2011 at 3:18 pm

AWESOME!! So glad that you guys liked it!!

33 Shirley August 25, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Best wishes! And beautiful pie. Good luck on your dessert bar.