thursday thoughts

January 12, 2012

I hate being a girl sometimes.

I got so used to taking a certain pill for the last ten years. It was a blessing. I felt like a pre-adolescent. Just a few months ago I stopped taking it. Now I have a new friend every month.

…who I hate.

Especially because it makes me crave these by the dozens.

How’s your walking every day goal going?!

Mines been 9 hits in the 11 days of January so far. I think that’s pretty good. The two slip ups were on days where I was too busy at work to remove my butt from my desk chair.

Since starting the “Walk Everyday” Challenge this guy has been a lot more excited.

image

oooh!! and guess what I’m hooked on?!

ZUMBA!!! It is awesome, totally rocks, I’ve made 4 new friends, and my legs are sore when I wake up. I think I wanna be a Zumba teacher. Like, for reals.

There’s a certification class in February that I’m eyeing!!

Is it time for Spring yet?

I don’t know how many more naked sticks I can take.

Has anyone started on their Super Bowl menu? I’ve got a few ideas. Actually a lot of ideas. And the list keeps growing, and growing, and growing, bigger, and bigger, and BIGGER, and BIGGEST. Make it STOP!!!

Sorry about that! Guess I’m on a little bit of a foam buzz.

I’ll try to calm down.

bzzzzzzzz….

1 Erin January 12, 2012 at 5:02 am

I have actually thought about bailing on getting a job with my PhD after grad school and getting certified to teach spin class because I love it! Might not be the best use of a degree that will have taken 6 years post-undergrad to acquire… as for the Superbowl I have not even begun. I’ve been thinking about Vday treats instead for some reason.

2 Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen January 12, 2012 at 5:07 am

Ugh I hate naked stick trees too. My super bowl list is outta control. I never make as much as I want to!

3 Kiri W. January 12, 2012 at 6:57 am

Oh, I know exactly what you mean. Sigh.

4 The Mom Chef ~ Taking on Magazines One Recipe at a Time January 12, 2012 at 7:09 am

Dudette calls those trees Halloween trees.

I’m sorry about that new friend that’s visiting every month. Just think, in about 25 years, it’ll be gone again. For good. Of course, you have to turn into a furnace-level hot screaming banshee before that happens, but it does happen.

5 Emily @ Life on Food January 12, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Too many ideas for the super bowl. I cannot even begin to share them with my husband as he will add his own as well. Yikes! I need to get on the walking. I have hit the gym every day.

6 Liz January 12, 2012 at 7:12 pm

You are TOO darn cute! I wish I had your energy :) And I love that your sweet pup is enjoying your walks!

7 Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts January 12, 2012 at 7:46 pm

I love Zumba! Well, I love my DVD…I have never actually been to a class. Although, I would love to go to one.

8 Baking Serendipity January 12, 2012 at 8:16 pm

I love Super Bowl recipes :) Excited to work through your list! I stopped taking the pill last fall and love it. It’s taken a little adjustment, but I feel so much better without it. Hope you get to that point soon too!