thursday thoughts

January 19, 2012

Let me show you my new favorite thing.

Midori margaritas. Is that not amazing?!

I think I’ve had five of these in the last four days. Whoa!

ooh…wanna see my other favorite thing!!!

My newest addition to my patterned panty hose collection. These might be the best pair in the whole collection.

I’m telling you, I think I was born in the wrong era. Dressing up in high heels and hose is something I live for. I wish our society would get back to the days when wearing jeans to work was a huge no-no.

just saying.

Last night Lucas text me about dinner. This is our conversation. Who are we?!!

image

What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever had for dinner? Please make me feel better about only wanting cinnamon rolls for dinner.

…and just to let you know…we didn’t have cinnamon rolls for dinner. We ate fried chicken instead. And then the cinnamon rolls appeared — with ice cream. It was heaven.

I made the most amazing cup of coffee the other day!!

It had cake in it.

Yes, cake. I made a literal coffee cake. You should totally try it! The hot coffee melts the frosting, which becomes the cream. lll—llll—oove!!

One of my besties and I recently started doing a Daily Gratitude email. We email each other each day about something that we’re grateful for. It’s incredible. Doing this has really got me feeling more positive. It’s also fun to see what she’s grateful for each day, it’s kind of an eye opener.

You should do this challenge! (I’ll be your gratitude buddy if you need one!)

Something I was grateful for last night was this sunset. Tookmybreathaway.

…and maybe I’m a little grateful for this guy…

only because he’s such a dork.

1 Meaghan @ My Spoonful of Inspiration January 19, 2012 at 6:29 am

Wow! I am so inspired by all of your new year challenges! Keep up the good work!

2 Erin January 19, 2012 at 6:56 am

Kitty!! Sorry I hard more to say before I saw that picture, but my brain imploded.

3 The Mom Chef ~ Taking on Magazines One Recipe at a Time January 19, 2012 at 7:51 am

Oh hon, we are constantly eating bizarre things for dinner. I love your cinnabon idea. :) Your dork is adorable. I have one just like him and she makes me smile. all the time. Loving your Thursday Thoughts!

4 Kiri W. January 19, 2012 at 7:57 am

Awwww your kitty!
I have never actually been to Cinnabon, sad little foreign me. My wife tells me it’s amazing.

5 RavieNomNoms January 19, 2012 at 9:25 am

Love the panty hose and the margs!!! Such a cute post Steph, always enjoy reading your stuff!

6 Liz @ Tip Top Shape January 19, 2012 at 9:32 am

Love those tights!!

7 Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts January 19, 2012 at 10:31 am

Margaritas – yum!!
Cute panty hose.

8 Tori @ The Shiksa in the Kitchen January 19, 2012 at 10:40 am

I feel like I was born in the wrong decade too. I miss how everybody used to dress up to go anywhere and everywhere! That gratitude email sounds like a fabulous idea, I might have to start that tradition myself… :)

Don’t feel guilty about wanting cinnamon rolls for dinner, we’ve all been there!

9 Lacy January 19, 2012 at 10:56 am

That margarita is calling my name right now! I’ve totally eaten a bowl of ice cream for dinner before, cinnabons are not that far off. And I love the cake in the coffee idea! That’s a definite must try.

10 Tina@flourtrader January 19, 2012 at 10:58 am

I like the gratitude idea, no reason to be thankful just on Thanksgiving. Ha, you reminded me of something that was said on TV. It was “High heels are necessary, she thinks that women that wear flats are just quitters!”
Anyhow, we crave what we crave and no matter what it is that means your body is telling you something. Perhaps it was needing cinnamon for some reason..and hey it does help your cholesterol level!

11 Colleen Bierstine January 19, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Omg. I might start drinking coffee every morning if there was cake in it. And don’t feel bad about the cinnabun thing. One of my favorite things to do is have breakfast for dinner. I’ve also had chocolate cake and tiramisu for dinner so…yeah.

12 Peggy January 19, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Your texting made me laugh out loud – only because I have daily convos just like that with my fiance! Hehe =)

13 Elizabeth @ the kitchen counsel January 19, 2012 at 4:45 pm

i love patterned tights! i just wish that i lived in a climate that was more conducive to them.

no judgment about the cinnamon rolls for dinner. the other night i had chocolate-peanut butter rice krispies treats. and that was it.

14 Emily @ Life on Food January 19, 2012 at 5:44 pm

I love this post. Random but lovely. I hate hose…they are so ichy and I always end up ripping them by 10am. I add ice cream to my coffee all of the time but cake…that is a whole new level. The gratitude email is a wonderful idea. I get goose bumps thinking of the possibilities…good thoughts towards others and letting them know could change the world. seriously!

15 Samantha @ Ferraro Kitchen January 19, 2012 at 10:10 pm

I need to do this Gratitude journal! I have been feeling so down on myself lately…I think this will bring me back up! Now I need to find a gf to do it with me :)

16 Lisa @ tequilacupcakes January 20, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Love the patterned tights!
And really, what could be better than cinnamon rolls for dinner?? So done that. My fiance was a little confused, but he sure didn’t complain!

17 kita January 22, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Ok the kitty with the measuring tape… adooooorables!