thursday thoughts.

March 22, 2012

I have been back home now for a week. And life has basically returned back to normal. Sad how quickly that happens.

Although, when we left it was Winter…and now it’s Spring. That’s always a plus!

Like my dirty window? Maybe this year I’ll actually try to do that whole Spring cleaning thing. I say that every year. It never happens. I think I just need more flowers to over up the mess. Yup. There’s my plan b.

So are you excited for the Hunger Games to come out?! It’s happening tonight…like at midnight (wait, that would make it tomorrow right?)! I was almost gonna be one of those people who camps out in their sleeping bags just to be the first person in the theatre. But then I figured seeing it over the weekend would be just as good…and I could get a full nights sleep. Much better.

I’m actually reading Suzanne Collin’s other series, Gregor the Overlander and I’m obsessed. They need to make a movie out of this series too. I’m curious to see what huge cockroaches and a world underground look like.

Can I also say that for the record I’ve had 9 Novocain injections in two weeks and am currently rockin’ four stiches in my mouth. Root canals and cheek bites are the worst. But now I think I’ve conquered my fear of needles. (Ooh and I’m writing this post on Vicodin…so please forgive me for any eerorrs)

In the midst of all this crazy mouth trauma…I actually managed something incredible!

I received a first place medal for my 10 miler race on Saturday! YEAH! I was shocked!! I got first place in my age group of 20-29. What’s even better is that I’m closer to the top range of that group and beat out the youngins!

…oooh and I created the best new Starbucks drink. You need it.

Like right now! It’s like drinking a cup of hot Nutella. Yeah. I know. That’s why I told you that you needed it.

It’s a soy misto with half sugar free mocha and half sugar free hazelnut. I do sugar free so that I don’t feel guilty getting the doughnut. What?

Once you try this you’ll order a hundred more.

Then you can get one of these.

It’s like the Black AmEx card of the coffee world. I feel like a baller now.

My nurses are telling me it’s time to lay back down…and since my mouth is stitched up it’s time for my fifth bowl of ice cream too. I could get used to this.

1 Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray March 22, 2012 at 6:50 am

I would like some liquid Nutella now pleeeease. Kthx. :)

Also, congrats on your awesome running accomplishment! Teeth can’t stop ya.

2 Steph March 22, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Be careful! Liquid Nutella is like liquid cocaine…well…wait, I’ve never had that before, but I’m sure it’s just as addicting ;)

3 Tina@flourtrader March 22, 2012 at 11:20 am

ha-this post had a little of the bad and a little of the good. Glad you are back in to the swing of running and congrats on your medal!
I hope you get to feeling better from the dentist visit-ouch! I always thought that all their poster pictures on the wall of people’s mouths and teeth looked like they belong in a horror show. Even that cat looks a little pissed with his ears back! However, the upside of the root canal is all the ice cream-yum! Until next time, my friend-take it easy.

4 Lacy @ NYCityEats March 22, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Oh my god! You bit your cheek so bad you needed stitches?! That sounds terrible! At least you get to eat ice cream all day. :) That Misto sounds amazing and I am totally trying it on my way home from work today. Congrats on the race, you rocked the youngins! Love it!

5 Steph March 22, 2012 at 3:31 pm

I’ve actually been biting the same area over and over again and it formed this huge sore in my mouth that was sticking out in to my teeth…so they removed it. I know it’ll be worth it, but dang…it sucks right now :)

6 Colleen Bierstine March 22, 2012 at 3:27 pm

I am so pumped for the Hunger Games! I have tickets to see it tomorrow tonight. Hell yes! Congrats on your race :) And that last photo of your pets is too cute!

7 Steph March 22, 2012 at 3:30 pm

I’m so jealous!! I’m not going until Wednesday!

8 Baking Serendipity March 22, 2012 at 9:29 pm

I’m waiting a little for The Hunger Games hype to die down too. My husband has convinced me that he’ll go with…if we wait until next weekend. PS: Congrats on your race! And hope your mouth heals soon…though ice cream for dinner doesn’t sound too bad :)

9 Kiri W. March 23, 2012 at 9:06 am

Congratulations on the first place, what an accomplishment!