Postpartum Workouts Week 12

July 8, 2013

Workouts this week went really well!

I’ve actually been doing 2-a-days. Meaning I do a workout in the morning, and then I do another workouts before bed. And I’m loving it! The workout before bed just gives me that extra little feeling of body goodness. I’ve also been doing this Squat Challenge and OMG, it’s getting intense. And I think I’m starting to see a little difference sown in the booty!

Since I’ve started working out I’ve gained a few pounds and I think it’s muscles mass…at least I hope it is. My clothes are starting to become a little looser than they were a few weeks ago so I’m taking that as a good sign. But I still have that damn kangaroo pouch! Granted it seems to be shrinking a tad, but it’s definitely still there.

I think I would be seeing a little bit more progress if I could get my sugar addiction under control. My meals are pretty healthy and balanced. But it’s the damn sugar snacks that are not helping me. My decaf coffee with sugared up creamer, my little nibbles of chocolate chips, my handfuls of cereal that I snack on, my pre-bedtime spoonfuls of ice cream. I need to stop but I don’t know how.

I’ve been thinking about tracking what I eat. Sometimes when I write everything down I feel like I’m more accountable. And it also gives me a better look at what I’m actually putting in my mouth. I’m still undecided on this. Do you food track? Do you notice that it helps?

Here’s my workouts from the week:

Sunday: 5 mile run, Sunday’s workout, Day 1 Squat Challenge
Monday: Blonde Ponytail’s Lean Legs Workout, Fitnessista’s Week 4 Summer Shape Up, Monday’s workout, Day 2 Squat Challenge
Tuesday: Rest Day [almost] Tuesday’s workout, Day 3 Squat Challenge
Wednesday: 4 mile run, Wednesday’s workout, Day 4 Squat Challenge
Thursday: Blonde Ponytail’s Lean Legs Workouts, Blonde Ponytail’s Butt Blaster, Fitnessista’s November Knockout Workout, Thursday’s Workout, Day 5 Squat Challenge
Friday: Blonde Ponytail’s Before Breakfast Workout, Friday’s Workout, Day 6 Squat Challenge
Saturday: 3 mile run, Saturday’s Workout, Day 7 Squat Challenge
Sunday: Rest Day, Day 8 Squat Challenge

And here is your workout! Nice and quick! A good little pyramid workout to build up and then ease back down. To complete a full set you wanna do this workout 4 times through [5 if you want to really push yourself].

Let me know your thoughts on this workout! And post your pictures to my Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram using the hash tag #getfitmama — even if you’re not a mom, you’re working towards hawt mama status!!

You can find more Postpartum Workouts here

1 Anita at Hungry Couple July 8, 2013 at 9:35 am

When I’m trying to drop some pounds I definitely need to write everything down. It is way too easy to go over my calorie limit by a couple hundred without feeling like I’m overeating and that’s enough to kill my goal. Sucks. 🙁

2 Steph July 9, 2013 at 7:20 am

TOTALLY!!

3 Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking July 8, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Congrats on all your hard work with the workouts, Steph! You’re kicking butt!

4 Steph July 9, 2013 at 7:18 am

Thanks Georgia!

5 Christina @ The Beautiful Balance July 8, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Oh, I eat super duper healthy all day long and every night I have to have something sweet! It kills me!

6 Steph July 9, 2013 at 7:16 am

I hate that! I feel good all day, then I break down at the end

7 Mackenzie {SusieFreakingHomemaker} July 8, 2013 at 7:50 pm

Girl, you look damn good. And I am beyond inspired by your post baby work outs!!

8 Steph July 9, 2013 at 7:13 am

Thanks!

9 Joanne July 9, 2013 at 5:16 am

I did two a days a lot in college and I always felt like breaking up a longer working into two shorter ones really helped me stick to it since they didn’t seem as daunting!

Maybe to try to rein in your sugar cravings you could let yourself have one sweet snack a day that way you won’t feel deprived but will maybe lower the total amount of sugar you’re eating?

10 Steph July 9, 2013 at 7:13 am

I like the one sweet snack a day idea

11 Bella July 9, 2013 at 1:07 pm

12 Bella July 9, 2013 at 1:07 pm

I like that you break it down to two times a day, it makes it not seem so long! I started calorie counting recently and have seen the scale go down just by doing that! Then we went on vacation and, well, let’s just say…I’m trying to get back on track 😉 Good luck to you! Sweets are my MAJOR downfall!

13 Liz July 9, 2013 at 7:12 pm

If you find an answer to that sugar addiction, let me know. You go, girl!!!

14 Brianne July 17, 2013 at 1:29 pm

You should try eating a healthy snack like a handful of almonds instead. I always crave sugar when I’m nursing but it’s just your body telling you that you need more calories. With both my boys I lost the remaining weight once I upped my food intake. 🙂

15 Steph July 17, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Mind reader!! I just bought a thing of almonds LOL…now I can’t stop snacking on them!