I am getting ready to kick off a new series to the blog.
If you’ve been following me for a few months, you know that I have fallen in L O V E with essential oils, specifically Young Living. Our family has overcome so many things by adding these incredible oils in to our household and daily routines. I thought it would be fun if I did an “oil of the week” and showed you all what oils I’m loving and how we’re using them in our home.
I will totally admit that when I first heard about essential oils, I was like psssshhhhhaaa, those are stupid. [literally my thoughts]. But then we were having some hard times with Logan and school drops off and him being overly clingy. A few oils changed all that for us, and I have believed in them ever since!
I will also be starting a LIVE series on Instagram that I hope you will join in and watch! Monday’s at 6pm EST I’ll be doing a quick live video to talk a little more about the oil of the week!
Today, I want to share one that probably most everyone knows about.
But, maybe what you didn’t know is that most forms of Lavender that we’re all familiar with, are actually synthetic. Meaning that they’re not even pure grade essential oil. They’re just chemically produced with imitation fragrances and tiny bits of pure lavender.
So, if you wanna know what real lavender smells like and see how amazing it can be for you, then you’ve gotta make sure that you’re using pure lavender oil. When you read your bottle, it should have only one ingredient. Lavender!
There are probably 101 uses for Lavender. It’s actually nick named the “swiss army knife” of essential oils for everything that it can do. Some uses include:
-relief from seasonal allergies
-help in calming down
-great for bedtime and going to sleep
-helps with skin irritations
-can eliminate dandruff
-added to mascara to help grow lashes
Our favorite uses for lavender are
1. Using in our rooms at night in the diffuser and in a pillow spray to help every settle down and say night-night
2. Those darn stove burns and curling irons burns, a little dab on the burn and that sting goes away
3. A few drops on our wool dryer balls and our laundry smells heavenly
4. With Logan starting to grow bigger and bigger, he’s got some aches, and lavender helps soothe and calm those little legs
5. Whether it’s kid stress, work stress, household chore stress, diffusing lavender helps to mellow out my mind and bring a little peace
If you want to know more about essential oils and how they can help the overall wellness of your family and household, I’d love to share more with you, so leave a comment below or shoot me an email: email@example.com
What are some of your favorite uses for Lavender?