thursday thoughts.

February 23, 2012

Did you know that Village Inn sells a pie that has a cake baked in it?

Well…they do! Chocolate silk and funfetti cake. It was weird at first bite. But, three minutes after I scarfed my first piece I was eating straight from the pie pan. Whoops.

Actually, funfetti is popping up everywhere and I need to jump on the train.

I’ve gone a little wacky with the back combed hair teased high buns. One day that high bun was pulling on my brain. So, I took it down and was so relieved. Until I looked in the mirror.

Holy voluptuousness!

Oh and before I forget, chocolate and cheese now go together. Trader Joe’s says so, and I’m totally listening.

And by the way. This does count as a dairy serving. The food pyramid says so, and again I’m totally listening.

Lucas and I are on honeymoon countdown! A little over a week until I’m on a sandy beach with an ADULT beverage poured in to a coconut shell. Heaven.

Until then I’m on a frantic last week shopping spree trying to figure out what to wear in this new 96 degree land of paradise. It’s not working out too well because all the stores here are still flaunting their hoodies and sweat pants. Who wants to let me raid their closet?

I think Styx is gonna miss my head when we’re gone. It’s his new pillow.

1 Blog is the New Black February 23, 2012 at 5:33 am

1. My hair would NEVER look that great after taking it out of a messy bun and B) cheddar chocolate? Um….??

2 Anita at Hungry Couple February 23, 2012 at 8:07 am

No to the chocolate cheese. Yes to the hair :) You might have to shop online for beach wear because they make the seasonal switch before the retail stores do.

3 RavieNomNoms February 23, 2012 at 8:41 am

You are just so pretty my dear! Love the hair!!

The chocolate and cheese scares me a bit…just a lil.

And I am so jealous of you going to that sandy beach so soon! I am going to FL in May and I am counting down the days for that! I am sure you will have so much fun!

4 Liz @ Tip Top Shape February 23, 2012 at 9:21 am

I saw that cheese at Trader Joes! Sort of weird. And sort of delicious. Btw–I hope you rocked that post-bun-hair!!

5 Ashley February 23, 2012 at 10:18 am

That cheese is surprisingly good! I had a sample and was expecting it to be gross… but in a weird way it wasn’t. Oh that’s so exciting about your honeymoon!!

6 Tina@flourtrader February 23, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Looks like your hair did fall perfectly-which is quite difficult to acheive, bravo! Also looks like kitty likes your hair down too. Chocolate and cheese-I would have to try that before making a decision, my thought of it though is not too good.
Your honeymoon is almost here. Ha-your have your mind set on that coconut shell drink, so they better have it waiting for you when you get there. Fun in the sun-we all could use a little of that!

7 Liz February 23, 2012 at 1:47 pm

We always stop at the VI when we visit my parents…French Silk is a must, but now I’ll look for this one!!! Have a fabulous honeymoon!!!

8 Lacy @ NYCityEats February 23, 2012 at 2:42 pm

LOVE the hair! Looks great and how cute is your cat?? That’s adorable. Totally listening as well, chocolate & cheese, I have to try this. I bet you’re so excited for your honeymoon, I know I would be!

9 Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts February 23, 2012 at 4:35 pm

So need that pie! I have seen it, but didn’t realize what it really was. Want to go there now!