Baby Conner: Week 8

August 12, 2012

How I’m Feeling: Each day is definitely different. I have days where I feel good (for the most part) and then I have days where I just want to lay on the couch. I experience really bad morning sickness from about 10 am to 2 pm. I haven’t actually gotten sick yet, but my stomach is definitely doing flips and nausea takes very my body. I also feel very drained and tired. I have very little energy right now and am struggling on motivation. But, come 2nd trimester my energy should come back and the sickness should start wearing off…only 5 more weeks!

How I’m Changing: Obviously there’s not a “baby bump” yet. But there’s a ton of bloating going on. The biggest change right now is definitely with my boobs!! They have been killing me for the past two weeks (biggest clue to me that it was time to take a test). It’s incredible how much they’ve changed in this short time of me actually knowing that I’m pregnant. They’re definitely bigger and very firm, but so sensitive. Hugging, running, zumba-ing, sleeping on my tummy, and putting on bras are NOT my favorite things right now…they are boob killers! Pregnancy brain has also set in. Please don’t ask me to remember things or spell correctly.

What I’m Eating/What I’m NOT Eating: A whole LOT of bread, eggs, and cheese! Salads (which used to be my fav thing ever) are totally disgusting. Two bites of them and I want to barf. Fruit is also not on my favorite list. I am totally obsessed with grilled cheese stuffed with bread and butter pickles. I could eat those all day long. OOh green Gatorade and Chex Mix are also great tummy soothers.

Total Weight Gained: –3 pounds
Workouts: Hardly any running. Lots of weight lifting and pilates.
First Doctor Appt: August 21
Sleep: Great until 2am then I’m tossing and turning

1 Kim - Liv Life August 12, 2012 at 10:07 am

It all gets better!! I lived on Grilled Cheese Sandwiches… not good for the waistline, but it kept my stomach happy. Ginger capsules helped a bit. But check with your doc first to make sure that is OK!

2 RavieNomNoms August 12, 2012 at 10:32 am

Oh thank you for the update! I am so happy to see your progress. Sorry about the feeling sick, but my gf who was pregnant told me that doesn’t last forever so hang in there! It must be hard for you to not run as much, since that is such a big part of your life. The grilled cheese actually sounds pretty good haha. But then again I love pickles and cheese just on a daily basis. I hope that isn’t something I will hate if I ever get preggers.have a good week Steph!

3 Amanda August 12, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Carbs were all I could stomach my 1st trimester too! 2nd trimester is so awesome! Complete turn around ! Energy is back and the ‘glow’ sets in 😉

4 Colleen, The Smart Cookie Cook August 12, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Eek!! I love the photos you’re taking along the way 🙂 I hope your morning sickness gets better. Good luck!

5 Anne @ Have a Cookie! August 12, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Things will get better for you. Hang in there! And I’ll be sure not to send you a rolled oats salad as your Bakin’ Friends treat this month 🙂

6 Rachel @ My Naturally Frugal Family August 13, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Ok so I am apparently several weeks behind…BUT Congratulations Steph!

What a fantastic bit of news to hear that you are expecting.

I look forward to your baby posts and tweets…plus plenty of good food.

I hope your sickness subsides. I was sick for the first 20 weeks of pregnancy with my 3rd child…eventually it goes away and you are able to enjoy food again.

7 Liz August 13, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Oh, boy did I miss the big news! How fabulous, Steph!!! Yeah, that first trimester can be a killer…but you look great!!! Can’t wait to follow you through this pregnancy…I’m so happy for you.

8 Anna @ hiddenponies August 14, 2012 at 9:42 pm

OOoh, congratulations yet!! That first stage makes me forget what it’s even like to have energy…but yes, it will get better 🙂 You’re going to be a gorgeous pregnant lady 🙂

9 Kate@Diethood August 15, 2012 at 6:36 am

Congratulations, Mama! 🙂 After just having the baby, it’s still all so fresh in my mind, so I really do know how you feel. The morning sickness killed me…couldn’t cook, bake, eat for months… I never got to the throwing- up part, but I gagged constantly. Oh the joys!! GOOD LUCK!!! ;))))

10 Steph August 15, 2012 at 8:44 am

ThanksKate!! And congratulations to you! Your litlle new addition is adorable!

11 Steph August 15, 2012 at 8:46 am

Thanks Anna! I can’t wait to start seeing my belly!

12 Steph August 15, 2012 at 8:47 am

Thanks Liz!!! We’re so excited!

13 Jenny @ BAKE August 16, 2012 at 6:58 am

what a great way of documenting your pregnancy! hope it gets a little easier soon