Single Serving Cocoa Puff Treat

January 10, 2013

Yesterday I had an attack.

Single Serving Cocoa Puff Treat

A huge craving attack. You know, the kind where you can’t really focus on anything else, your brain is just filled with images and thoughts of that o-n-e obsession. I think my eye might have even started to twitch.

My craving?

Single Serving Cocoa Puff Treat-2

Rice Krispie Treats.

I don’t know where that craving came from, but it hit me like a ton of bricks. And I guess that’s the point of a craving, they just kind of come out of no where.

Single Serving Cocoa Puff Treat-3

The problem though with cravings is that the thing you want usually comes in a big batch. In order to satisfy my rice krispie treat craving I’d have to make a whole pan of treats. And that’s not really what I want to do. I just want one treat to sink my teeth in to and then I can move on. I don’t need 24 treats…that could just be dangerous.

So there was only one option for me. Figure out a way to make just one krispie treat.

Single Serving Cocoa Puff Treat-4

Of course though when I go to my pantry to grab my ingredients I don’t have rice krispie cereal…guess I had a craving for those at breakfast too. But that’s ok because there was a brand new box of cocoa puff glaring me in the face. Mmmm…chocolate!

So here it is. Marshmallow and chocolate. In a single serving treat!

Single Serving Cocoa Puff Treat-5

Single Serving Cocoa Puff Treat

Prep Time: 1 minute

Cook Time: 1 minute

Yield: 1

Single Serving Cocoa Puff Treat

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup cocoa puffs
  • 2 1/2 marshmallows
  • 1 teaspoon mini chocolate chips

Instructions

1. Put all ingredients in a bowl that's been sprayed with cooking spray. Place in the microwave and heat on high for 45 seconds. Remove from microwave stir to coat cereal with melted marshmallow and place mixture in a cupcake mold. Smoosh down so that the treat gets completely molded together but not enough to crush the cereal. Remove from cupcake mold and gobble up.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

1 Ali January 10, 2013 at 8:09 am

That’s a great idea! I have this problem with baking a lot. I never want to bake a whole pan of treats because then I’ll eat it all!

2 Lauren January 10, 2013 at 8:21 am

I love making small batches of rice krispy’ish treat snacks! Fun you threw in some chocolate chips. Mmmmm… I had to make some krispy treats for a cake I made this past weekend (they turned into Thor’s hammer for an Avenger’s cake), so hubby and I were happy to polish off the ones that weren’t necessary for the cake. Such a fun snack!

3 Liz @ Tip Top Shape January 10, 2013 at 8:26 am

Ohh love this!!! The perfect little sweet treat!

4 Elaine @ Cooking to Perfection January 10, 2013 at 9:32 am

Cravings are the worst, especially when you aren’t at home or don’t have the ingredients. I love how you improvised with Cocoa Puffs. And how easy this recipe is! Definitely a winner that I’m keeping in mind whenever I get an insane rice krispie treat craving.

5 Linda | The Urban Mrs January 10, 2013 at 10:35 am

Sweet! Love this and very creative. Now I need to gather all the ingredients so I can make some for myself.

6 Emily January 10, 2013 at 11:35 am

Genius! And couldn’t be funnier that you had this craving. I have a half bag of marshmallows that have been tempting me to make Rice Krispie Treats for weeks. My pregnant appetite can’t shake the thought of them but haven’t bought the right cereal for fear that I would decimate an entire batch in one sitting. A single serving is just the ticket!

7 RavieNomNoms January 10, 2013 at 11:52 am

Oh hello!! What a great snack!! I am totally into yummy snacks like this!

8 amy @ fearless homemaker January 10, 2013 at 12:57 pm

I loooove this! I love treats like this, but making a whole pan is mighty dangerous for me. Single-serving is the way to go!!

9 Steph January 10, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Krispie treats and cake! Now that’s really dangerous!

10 Anita at Hungry Couple January 10, 2013 at 4:55 pm

I like this version even better than the traditional! And yes, a whole pan of any treat is very dangerous to leave around here. :)

11 Jessica@AKitchenAddiction January 11, 2013 at 6:51 am

What a great idea! I will definitely have to keep this single serving treat in mind the next time I want something sweet!

12 Kristi @ lifesprinkles January 12, 2013 at 10:46 am

Yum! Love that this is single serving and only takes 45 seconds to make. On the other hand, I foresee myself making single serving after single serving…. ;)