Makin’ Mommy Happy

July 22, 2014

After a weekend out in the woods, I had a little time to decompress.

Oh it was so nice. We went out to Colorado to celebrate Lucas’ birthday. We stayed in this beautiful  old timey cabin with my family [me, Lucas, Logan, Mom, Dad, brother, and grandad]. I think the best part about staying there was having more people to help me watch Logan and play with him. I was even able to take a few naps and go out exploring with the boys while Grammie and Logan played finger puppets together.

So here I sit, back at my kitchen table [it's 6:15 in the morning] and I just lit one of my new summer-y candles. Reflecting on the weekend and thinking about the little things I can do for myself to just help me relax and unwind here and there, taking away a little of the stressors that come along with being a stay at home mom.

1. Fun Nail Polish

This may sound silly, but the other night after Logan went to bed, I pulled out my container of polishes and calmy sat and painted my nails while Lucas and watched a movie. Having a fresh coat of summer color on my nails just kind of made me smile.

2. Homemade Mocha Frappe

Homemade, because, let’s be honest…going to Starbucks with a toddler is almost impossible! Unless it’s a drive thru, and only if we’ve been in the car for less than 20 minutes. You laugh, but it’s true. Things as simple as a coffee shop visit go out the window when you’ve got a kid. So to still feel that relzxing coffee shop vibe, wait til nap time and then pull out the blender and maybe even give yourself an extra shot. That extra shot helps you get through the afternoon tantrums that are sure to ensue when you try to remove your babe from the dog food bowl for the hundredth time.

DSC_0054-2

{recipe and image}

3. Dark Chocolate

Uummm, don’t really think I need to explain this one. It’s just mandatory sometimes. And these Speculoos Stuffed Chocolate Bars are heaven. Just sayin — 1 minute alone with a chocolate bar and the world becomes normal again.

4. An Hour with a Good Book

Getting lost in the words of a writer for 10, 15, 20 minutes is enough to transport me to a far away place, get lost in someone else’s life, problem, love story, drama, struggling, success. Finding time to actually sit down and read is few and far between, but I realize that when I do it, my mood and temperament is so much better. A few of my recent favorites are The Fault In Our Stars, The Storyteller, and The Husband’s Secret.

1 Emma July 22, 2014 at 5:18 am

Love this Steph,so so much. Funnily enough I just finished painting my nails too :)

xoxo

2 ติวสอบเข้าม.1 July 22, 2014 at 5:41 am

Hey! Would you mind if I share your blog with my zynga group?
There’s a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content.
Please let me know. Cheers

3 RavieNomNoms July 22, 2014 at 7:23 am
4 Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out July 22, 2014 at 8:11 am

That speculoos chocolate is SO good!

5 Niecy July 22, 2014 at 8:27 am

We need to do some serious work to change that “lit my new summer-y candled” to put in my new favorite Scentsy wax!

6 Monet July 22, 2014 at 10:08 pm

A good book and chocolate? Yep, that’s exactly what I need right now!

7 Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. July 22, 2014 at 10:15 pm

I love all of these things too!

8 electronic cigarette July 24, 2014 at 1:09 am

The ecigarette does not have ignition, it lights automatically whenever drawn on and will turn off
automatically. You’ve the choice to obtain menthol, standard, strawberry and apple flavoured cartridges.
As the name suggests, ecig is an electronic smoking device
which is powered by a battery.

9 Ultimate Fighting Championship July 25, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Chris Weidman (9-0-0)
With his two round dismantling of Mark Munoz, Weidman made
a case to get a title shot. But with Munoz being his first advanced level opponent
another fight seems more inclined. Recent title contenders Chael Sonnen
or Vitor Belfort could prove to become the best test for your rising
Weidman. A make an impression on either opponent could seal the deal to get
a title shot.
Rashad Evans (17-2-1)
Coming off a loss to current champion Jon Jones, Rashad
has hinted at dropping to middleweight to challenge Silva.
With his knockout power and athleticism, he could be formidable opponent to challenge for the belt.
With wins over Rampage Jackson, Chuck Liddell, Forrest Griffin, Tito Ortiz, and Phil Davis anchoring his resume, however certainly be a welcomed addition towards the middleweight roster.

Vitor Belfort (21-9-0)
After pulling out of UFC 147 which has a hand injury and due return later this year,
Belfort requires a big fight to break before pack. A conquer Sonnen or Weidman would throw him into a rematch with Silva and
maybe avenge his front kick knockout loss on the champ in 2011

Alan Belcher (18-6-0)
After an unexpected TKO victory over Brazilian leg lock specialist Rousimar Palhares at UFC on FOX 3, Belcher has shot in to the title picture.
With only one decrease in his last 5 fights Belcher is good for ready to the next challenge.
Maybe a fight with Stann, Bisping or Boetsch needs
to be next before you take an attempt at the best three opponent.

Hector Lombard (31-2-1-1) or Tim Boetsch (15-4-0)
If while Bellator Middleweight champion Lombard debuts using a dominant conquer Boetsch at UFC 149, based
on rumors he’ll almost certainly most probably obtain the next shot?

But a subpar performance could move another contender in
advance of him. Boetsch is coming of the hard fought third round TKO over Yushin Okami at UFC 144.
A enlighten Lombard would raise his stock considerably however, not a great deal about warrant a title shot.
Perhaps a fight using the winner of Bisping and Stann will be the alternative barring
they tend not to get a title shot.
Michael Bisping (22-4-0) or Brian Stann (12-4-0)
With a win over Stann at UFC 152, Bisping could receive his long awaited title
shot provided Lombard fails in the debut and Rashad Evans doesn’t drop down.
His only discrepancies are losses to recent contender Chael Sonnen,
former Light Heavyweight Champion Rashad Evans, Dan Henderson, and Wanderlei
Silva. Originally scheduled to welcome Hector Lombard on the UFC, Stann brought out from the
fight having an injury. Now scheduled to address
Bisping, a conquer The Count could put Stann right back to the title picture.

Contenders like Chris Weidman, Vitor Belfort, or perhaps a rematch with Chael Sonnen await.

George St. Pierre (22-2-0)
A long requested super fight between Silva and St.
Pierre can be huge. But with St. Pierre stating the fact although not progress
in weight until the end of his career and Anderson
being 37 years of age this fight seems unlikely.

10 Jennie @themessybakerblog August 1, 2014 at 7:18 am

Happy momma, happy household. Love me some summery nail polish. The Fault in Our Stars and The Husband’s Secret are two of my favorites. And, I have no problem taking down several of those speculoos-filled candy bars. Yum!

11 paingring.com August 17, 2014 at 11:04 am

msi gaming laptops gt60 3k edition

12 http://customercare.disdus.com August 19, 2014 at 10:49 pm

I have read some excellent stuff here. Certainly
worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how so much attempt you
put to create this type of wonderful informative site.

13 insurancemavericks.zendesk.com September 2, 2014 at 1:25 am

Building a relatively inexpensive gaming computer is easier than you
could possibly think. This module as well as setting
continues to be so popular it spawned several D&D campaigns and worlds, a
series of on-line games, and today a board
game as well. Ibuypower valkyrie The cast is